Download Anime Off the Internet
Taken from Newsarama
CN LAUNCHING BROADBAND VENTURE WITH SAMURAI JACK & ANIME
Fans of the much missed Samurai Jack can again see the show thanks to a new venture by Cartoon Network and Viz Media entitled Toonami Jetstream.
Toonami Jetstream is a new broadband service that will provide on-demand, full-length streaming episodes of a number of hit animé and action series, including acclaimed hit series Naruto and Samurai Jack. In addition, users will also be able to watch full-length episodes of series like Hikaru No Go, MÄR and The Prince of Tennis that are not currently offered on U.S. broadcast or basic cable television.
Toonami Jetstream (available at http://ToonamiJetstream.com) will launch on July 17. Each week, new episodes will be added to the site while previous episodes will also be available through the Toonami Jetstream archive. It is a free service, supported by advertising that includes both banners and streaming video ads.
“Cartoon Network has long been the dominant TV provider of the best animé and action,” said Paul Condolora, Sr. VP and general manager of Cartoon Network New Media. “And we were the first to stream, in 2001, full-length animé series online. Now, with this joint venture with VIZ Media, we will give our fans the chance to view popular shows on-demand and follow new series that cannot be seen anywhere else. We also believe this will bring new fans to the action/animé genre, create interest in new shows and build the overall popularity of Toonami on Cartoon Network.”
“Toonami Jetstream will provide our current fans and new fans alike with unlimited opportunities to view our popular hit shows such as Naruto,” explained John Easum, Executive VP of VIZ Media. “It will also give us the opportunity to share with our fans an unprecedented variety of Japan’s newest and most exciting animated series. We are thrilled to be expanding our strong relationship with Cartoon Network. We believe that our collective forces will make Toonami Jetstream the online destination of choice for action-adventure animation fans.”
Five series are currently slated for the July launch of Toonami Jetstream. Following are descriptions of the shows that will be available at launch:
• Naruto: Twelve years prior, an evil Nine-Tailed-Fox demon that terrorized The Hidden Leaf Village was sealed inside the body of a baby in order to end the decimation of the village. A rule that forbade anyone to tell him that he possessed the spirit of the Nine-Tailed-Fox left Naruto unaware of why the villagers shunned him. Now a teenager, he attempts to earn the villagers’ respect by training to become the village’s top ninja. As Naruto develops his skills, he must learn to control his special powers to become the respected master ninja. Created by manga artist Masahi Kishimoto, made its U.S. debut in September 2005 and is among the top-rated series on Cartoon Network.
• Samurai Jack: Samurai Jack, which won four Emmy Awards including the Emmy for Best Animated Series in 2003, tells the story of a warrior banished to the future by an evil shape-shifting wizard. Jack encounters an amazing array of cultures and civilizations as he travels the world seeking the portal to send him back to his own time. A man of few words, Jack relies on his mental and physical training as a warrior to help him fend off the evil wizard’s forces. Created by Genndy Tartakovsky at Cartoon Network Studios in Burbank, Ca., the influential series Samurai Jack has been lauded for its magnificent artistry, gripping action sequences, evocative score and cinematic scope.
• Hikaru No Go: Written by Yumi Hotta and drawn by Takeshi Obata, Hikaru No Go tells the story of Hikaru Shindo, a young student who stumbles across a dusty old Go board while exploring his grandfather’s attic. Trapped inside is Fujiwara-no-Sai, the ghost of an ancient Go master that enters Hikaru’s consciousness, allowing him to communicate with the spirit. Hikaru reluctantly begins playing Go. As he begins to appreciate the complexities of the game, Hikaru makes it his quest to become the ultimate Go champion.
• MÄR: Created by Nobuyuki Anzai, MÄR features Ginta, an average 14-year-old boy, until a mysterious portal suddenly transports him into the fairy tale realm he envisions in his dreams, the World of MÄR. In MÄR, Ginta acquires super human strength and Babbo, a talking magical weapon knows as an ARM. Together, Ginta and Babbo embark on a quest to save the World of MÄR from domination by evil chess pieces.
• The Prince of Tennis: The exciting backdrop of middle school tennis serves as the setting for this sports drama and coming-of-age story. The Prince of Tennis, created by Takeshi Konomi, depicts the on-and off-the-court adventures of Ryoma Echizen, who joins the Seishun Academy tennis team, known for being one of the most competitive teams in Japan. With his undeniable talent and shamelessly cocky attitude, Ryoma is ready to lead his team to victory.
Other titles currently scheduled to be released on Toonami Jetstream include such hits as Cartoon Network’s original Toonami production IGPX, Megaman NT Warrior and the all-new Zoids Genesis. Additional series will be announced in subsequent months.