[Plug] Call for Submissions: Philippine Speculative Fiction Vol.2
I am now accepting submissions of short fiction pieces for consideration for the anthology "Philippine Speculative Fiction Vol.2". Speculative fiction is the literature of wonder that spans the genres of fantasy, science fiction, horror and magic realism or falls into the cracks in-between.
1. Only works of speculative fiction will be considered for publication. As works of the imagination, the theme is open and free.
2. Stories must cater to an adult sensibility.
3. Stories must be written in English.
4. Stories must be authored by Filipinos or those of Philippine ancestry.
5. Preference will be given to original unpublished stories, but previously published stories will also be considered. In the case of previously published material, kindly include the title of the publishing entity and the publication date.
6. First time authors are welcome to submit. In the initial volume, there was a near 50-50 split of established and new authors.
7. Each author may submit only one story for consideration.
8. Each story’ word count must be no fewer than 3,000 words and no more than 5,000 words.
9. All submissions must be in Rich Text Format (.rtf – save the document as .rft on your word processor) and attached to an email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions received in any other format will be deleted, unread.
10. The subject of your email must read: 2nd Philippine Speculative Fiction Submission: (title) (word count); where (title) is replaced by the title of your short story, without the parentheses, and (word count) is the word count of your story, without the parentheses.
For example - 2nd Philippine Speculative Fiction Submission: The Last Siren 4500.
11. All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter that includes your name, brief bio, contact information, previous work (if any).
12. Deadline for submissions is September 15, 2006. After that date, final choices will be made and letters of acceptance or regret sent out via email.
13. Target publishing date is December 2006/January 2007.
14. Compensation for selected stories will be 2 contributor’s copies of the published anthology.
Dean Francis Alfar, editor