Monday, November 25, 2002

I'm still sick, although my fever has been coming and going. One pack of tissue didn't last me two hours (which is why I use a handkerchief but that was wet by then). And because I'm the "ever-responsible" student, I still went to school despite my condition.

Which is just as well considering I had a quiz in two of my three subjects. Spent the latter half of the morning at CCHQ, infecting people with my cold (just kidding!). Seriously, I was there and Khristine was giving me tissue since she's afraid of catching a cold (honestly, my not-so-common cold is a condition which I've had my entire life and as far as I know, is not contagious). Saw a lot of people but I wasn't that talkative considering I have a cold, cough, soar throat, and fever... all at once.

It was nice seeing the usual crowd, and Kit was offering me French Fries, which I would have accepted any other time except for the fact that I have a soar throat and Kit couldn't believe that fries are one of the most oily stuff in the country, even if it happens to come from Burger King.

I also had to fast for some seven hours since I only have P60 in my wallet (P20 of which went to buying tissue) to last me the entire week and when you divide that by five, that's not even enough to buy myself Ice Tea.

Add in more fever and a slight headache, so it was a hassle for me to concentrate on my readings. Aside from the short story analysis I was supposed to submit for Krip's class (which so happens to be my last class and had the timing of all days to give a free cut), there was still an essay for Phil. Literature in English and more Philosophy readings. Fortunately, I retained and understood enough to score some points in the quiz.

~drinking my second cup of Calamansi juice (mind you, I'm drinking it without sugar)~

Rosary and Rica (the girl strangely obsessing about me) dropped by. Of course I was sick so I only got to say hi to Rosary. And then Joy came in and I somehow got the energy (and voice) to scold her for giving my phone number to Rica, gave my condolences since James (Lupin cosplayer) died (and near her tambayan too), and asked if she was attending Krismusmos (an outreach that involves cosplayers and the Ateneo org Musmos... which I'm not participating in because I feel my priorities will be compromised).

Later, when I was back in school, Rica was harassing me with text messages:

Rica: Why didn't you talk to me?

Me: Because I'm sick.

Rica: Sick of seeing me? Don't lie to me. Tell me why you're angry.

-At this point, I'm really angry since class is starting soon and I don't have time for her dramatics, especially considering I'm feeling weak at the time.-

Me: I'm really sick. And you're overreacting.

Rica: Fine. Be that way. I won't bother you again. Just want to make one thing clear. My conscience is clear. I didn't do anything to you.

-3 hours later-

Rica: Sorry about what I said awhile ago. Could we talk. Please?

Okay, is it me or is she really overreacting? Which is why I never replied to the text message. That and I'm really not feeling well, among other things. There were a few more pestering text messages and a missed call. Thank God my phone was on silent mode.

The moral lesson? Do not give your friend's cellphone numbers to people you've just met. And if Krip didn't give us a free cut, I still wouldn't be able to answer Rica's text messages since I'm in class and don't get off until 7:30 pm.

Meanwhile, I saw some ICA and Xavier students roaming the Ateneo grounds. Apparently, there was a debate competition. Saw an old acquaintance, Akai from the PO chatroom.

*looks at Akai*

*Akai continues talking to his friends*

*still staring at Akai*

*Akai finally looks up*

*I wave*

Akai: Charles!?!? I didn't recognize you...

Yes, eight months of not cutting my hair has made me unrecognizable. It's nice to know I can still freak people out. ^^

Of course I met Akai outside of Krip's classroom and the teacher before his class asked us if we were the students in the next class. I said yes and he told us it was a free cut. His students told us he wasn't kidding. Off to CCHQ to wait for my driver since I was obviously in no condition to commute home. Of course at CCHQ was Ramon and Quark from Heycomics...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home