Saturday, November 23, 2002

So little time, so much to read.

First off, I'm cramming a novel for my Phil. Literature class. It's Nick Joaquin's "The Woman Who Had Two Navels". I have an identification quiz on Monday. I hate identification, mainly because you have to memorize names, facts, places and events. That's the part of my memory that wasn't quite developed, mainly because I've been relying on name tags for way too long.

Aside from that, there's a short story Krip Yuson gave us for fiction class. He wants us to study the short story and give our reaction to it as well as our evaluation. Of course it happens to be his short story and he just covered his name using a black marker (but with careful examination, you'll still see his name).

I remember his lecture last week about how fiction should be as cinematic as the movies and how it's harder to draw the reader's attention considering there's other popular media like TV and the cinema. He also popular techniques like the O-Harry ending, and there's this other term which Alfred Hitchcock coined which basically is like a red herring diverting the viewer's attention from the actual culprit. Amazingly, he also mentioned comics and manga in his lecture, as well as how the Greeks used to stage their plays in 9 episodes, which was the original plan for Star Wars.

Right now, I'm looking for a server that can host my blog as well as my previous fanzines and writings, so that they're all linked in one site rather than going through a multitude of sites. And while I can probably afford to purchase a server, I don't have a credit card to make the payments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home