Saturday, November 23, 2002

As can be expected, my ISP's email server screwed up again. Yes, Mich, I know you're tired of this rant. On the bright side, I did get an email from Steph. *happy*

Yes, I'm actually happy. Because a few hours ago, I was melancholy. Because she wrote. And because I just ate some Tuna sashimi. Ah, the advantages of owning a Japanese restaurant...

Anyway, Rin, yes, I wouldn't call it courting. I'm too shy for that. *sweatdrop* Besides, she'd kill me if I did that.

And here's a lovely essay by Frank Herbert on Dune.

Also had to go to school today, because I have a feature writing class. Apparently, our room has a stupid electric wiring system which means I have to go around the entire room, flicking some half-dozen switches, just to turn the lights on.

During class, we read out what we wrote last week, which is basically an interview with your seatmate. And as expected, my seatmate used the "Harry Potter" gimmick in describing me. An interesting point was also made by one of the students, concluding that a lot of Ateneans these days end up in call centers. Had to explain to the teacher what call centers were, and how prolific they are here in the Philippines (so to those staying abroad, the next time you call tech support, chances are, you're talking to a Filipino).

After class, Tchan sent me a text message saying that she's in Ateneo.

Me: Where are you?

Tchan: At Bel. Don't come, I'm with my parents.

Me: Ikinahihiya mo ba ako? (Are you embarassed about me?) Just kidding! I know your parents are strict.

Tchan: I'm meeting someone.

Me: Who?

Tchan: A friend who currently has ROTC.

Me: Uuyy.

Tchan: We're just friends. Haven't seen him in two years.

Me: Uuyy pa rin (still uuyy).

Tchan: He already has a girlfriend. Besides, I'm only interested in older guys.

Me: So you already considered it? =)

Commuting is essential to my survival since I don't have a carpool going home nowadays. Can't believe it's only taken me two weeks to exhaust my P100 MRT prepaid card. The fact that I'm broke (I still have around P100 which is supposed to last me until December) doesn't help either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home