Saturday, August 16, 2003

Food Sale

In one of my block's attempts to earn money to pay for the publication of our book (and thankfully, it's now only an ebook instead of the P300,000 printing cost of an actual 300 page trade paperback), we had our food sale last Wednesday 'til Friday (as to why it didn't start earlier, see Wednesday's entry).

As usual, the only ones actually enjoying their meal were the flies feeding off me.

Then there's the fact that at one point during those three days, we ran out of 1) bread (which is a good thing), 2) napkins (a bad thing because somebody forgot to bring it), 3) paper cups (a good thing since that means 300 people bought from us), 4) plastic bags, 5) candies (because it only lasted for a day), 6) butter and sugar (no one really brought it on the first day), 7) "spanish" sardines (it spoiled), 8) change.

On the good side, we actually managed to double our publication funds. Still, I feel so ashamed for all the "pity purchases" we, errr, coerced from people.

Rumor Corner

Let it be said that you first heard it here: tentative date for C3 (Culture Crash Convention... I refuse to call it the C3 Con since that would be redundant!) is on Dec. 13 - 14. As usual, it's at the Megatrade Hall 2.

Student Planners

Feh. Our student council distributed during the entire week "student planners" for the seniors (which we most likely paid for in our tuition). I honestly don't see why we need student planners (I mean us students have been studying for four years without one... and those that do need it probably have their palm pilots and mobile phones already).

And me being the pain in the ass that I am, I really want to comment on the printing, which was horrible, especially when it came to the calendar (which was blurry, among other things). Did I mention the calendar is the weirdest since it starts out on Monday (labeled as M) and ends with Sunday (labeled as S, which is right next to Saturday, also labeled as S), which isn't even distinct since it's black and not red like the usual calendars.

There's this joke our pastor tried to trick me into. He asked me how was the second day of the week pronounced: "Tues-day or Toos-day". Fortunately, I answered correctly (after a few minutes of thought). It was Monday. My point? The week starts on a Sunday, not Monday. And while we do plan our lives thinking with Monday as the start of the week, it really looks horrible when printed (especially when it comes right after Saturday... and it's not in red... and it's really blurry).

Guess What

Found out that my Philo teacher, Mr. Bulaong, managed to stumble upon my blog.

And well, despite next week having two holidays, it's my hell week since I have Theo midterms (Mr. Tejido), Philo midterms, my block's workshop for our book, and most probably the return trip to our immersion site.

Lalalalala

I'm looking forward to Terry Pratchett's new book, The Wee Free Men.

And here is an interview with Glen Murakami who's working on Teen Titans for Cartoon Network.

Speaking of Cartoon Network, Justice League season 2 just debuted a few hours ago, and next month, they'll be showing He-Man and Yugi-Oh.

I guess I'm sad that Return of the King will premier on Dec. 25 in the US, which means there's a good chance that us Filipinos won't get to see it until January. Late January at that.

Still, in terms of movies, there seems to be a lot of supposed interesting stuff coming out in 2004 (some of which I didn't even know was coming out), arranged according to how long it took my browser to load: Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence, Shrek 2, Harry Potter (which reminds me, I haven't seen any of the films yet and my unread book 5 has yet to be returned), Spiderman 2, I, Robot, Catwoman, Alien vs Predator, The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe (die Lewis die! oh wait, he's dead...), The Punisher, Blade 3 (this is what, the nth comic adaptation for 2004?), The Ring 2 (so what was the point of compressing the first three Japanese films into one American adaptation if you're also going to release a sequel?), Spongebob Squarepants (no, I don't want Nickelodeon but Spongebob's a chick magnet so I might as well mention him), Fantastic Four, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Dragon's Lair (anyone remember this old PC video game?), X Files 2 (I was never really a fan), and I guess that's it.

Grad Pics

I got my contact prints last Wednesday although it's now with Elbert, whom I hope remembers to bring it on Monday because there's a fine of P100 per day late.

Apparently, everyone from the photographer to the make-up artists to the secrataries releasing the pics told me I looked like Harry Potter (no, my costume wasn't Harry Potter).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home