Tuesday, August 12, 2003

The Ateneo Administration

Our group was supposed to organize a food sale the other week but it didn't get approval from OSA. And then last Monday, they suddenly approve our foodsale. Along with the words "it's this week".

In other Ateneo-related news, a friend lost his ID. But since the school has a new policy, he has to acquire an avi david (did I spell that right?) and file a complaint of loss before obtaining a replacement.

Shit!

Yesterday, I was on the verge of crapping in class. Amazingly, I held out for a couple of hours before finding a "clean" restroom in school. Yes, there are a lot of restrooms in the school but few are actually clean.

Fortunately, I was able to find one. And my big bag is well worth it since aside from being heavy, it contains tissue (among other things).

The Soap Opera...

... that is my family. Mother and brother got into an argument the other night and as usual, I was suddenly dragged into it. And my mom, who constantly watches soap operas whether it's Marimar or Meteor Garden, was overly too emotion and trying to give us children the guilt trip. Unfortunately, that gimmick doesn't work on me.

Basically, the argument went that mother was "pakialamera" (butting in or getting involved). And while some might say that's what moms do, well, she interferes when we're already asking her not to do so. And since I've been with her for the past twenty years, more likely than not, mom would screw up things. Like the time she sprayed my room with Baygon without me asking and the smell lingered for several weeks (and that's why I never asked to spray my room with insecticide).

Put in another way, my mom lacks temperance. But worst of all, she refuses to beleive anything said bad about her, whether it's true or not. So convincing her of the fact is at the very least annoying (and quite frankly, the only tried and tested way of doing that is to embarass her in public but what kind of son would I be if I did that?), and she throws a tauntrum at the same time claiming to have more experience ("marami na akong nakaing bigas").

New Anime

Baki the Grappler is replacing Shaman King next week on GMA.

Level Up is having their convention on September 13 at Glorietta, and Anime on Ice (which is basically where people skate in an ice rink wearing their costume) the week after that (Sept. 20). I wonder if anyone will remember my birthday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home