Thursday, August 14, 2003

What I Learned in Class

One of the reasons why Fully Booked (a.k.a. Page One) had overpriced books is because the books contribute in paying the really expensive franchise (it was Page One, after all).

And while I do know that a large revenue of National Bookstore comes from school supplies, it just surprised me that books only account for 10% (I thought it was around the lines of 20-30%).

Lastly, the difference between a hardcover and a trade paperback is that the former has, well, a hardcover, which gives the illusion that the book is bigger, when it's actually not (the actual pages have the same dimensions).

NBS Cubao

Managed to drop by National Bookstore's main branch in Cuabo since the 4th floor has a ton of used (and cheap) books going for around P20 - P30 each.

Not that I found anything worth buying but for those interested, it's a place to find cheap, if not necessarily good, books (in semi-good condition too).

Worm!

This morning, there was this talk about a computer worm infecting people's computers when viola! When I got home, my computer was apparently infected with the Blaster Virus.

National Book Award

I really hope Carlo wins the National Book Award for Ang Kagila-gilalas Na Pakikipagsapalaran ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah.

And It's Really Sad...

When you can predict who's calling you at the house, and that's only because they need something from you.

Midnight Syndicate

Click here to preview their songs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home