Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Slumber

Eh. It's another of those Tuesdays when I just collapse at 7:30 pm and wake up early the next day.

Holy Language

One funny thing Mr. Sunico pointed out is the emphasis a lot of people put on Latin. I mean the clergy thinks that the more you speak the language, the closer you are to God. But one must remember the Latin text of the Bible was taken from the Greek, and the Greek from Aramaic (which the illiterate Jesus spoke). So there.

Interactive DVD

Managed to pass by Comic Quest yesterday and got Dragon Magazine. It came with a free DVD game and when I first heard it from Vin, I thought it was just one of those fancy PC games that wouldn't run on my computer because of my feeble video card.

But apparently, it is a DVD, with features which enable you to play it as a game on any standard DVD player. It's a D&D CGI-based film with "choose your own adventure"-type choices.

The demo though was only 1/4 of the story and my God, it was really short. Much like one of the first "multiple-ending" RPGs (Chrono Trigger), a person would probably be done with this in a very short time (30 minutes?). All it has is its "replay value" but then again, breezing through the opening sequence is long...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home