Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Tired

I was still feeling the effects of Saturday's busy day. Coming home at 2 am didn't help. I barely had the strength to walk, much less travel.

Monday was also spent juggling school, Virra Mall (since I needed a 1 x 1 pic), and Megamall (where I had to meet Daimira and hand to her Harry Potter Book Five).

And then yesterday, I felt the full effects of having a 7:30 am - 7:30 pm class.

Order of the Phoenix

I caught a glimpse of Powerbooks last Monday and I saw that Harry Potter Book Five is really out of stock now.

Until today though, there's a stall of Powerbooks at school and they probably have what is the last three copies of Order of the Phoenix in Metro Manila. Except in Fully Booked. I hear they were going for P1395 last Saturday but went down to P1345 the following day.

And my email is getting clogged up by people asking for ebook copies of the thing.

On a side note, I was already at page one hundred last Monday (couldn't read it when I got it since it was a busy day and had to finish Regina's Song the following day) when one of the cute students of Ateneo passed by. Loaned the book and I don't expect to see it anytime soon. There's a long list of people waiting to borrow it. Which is just as well since the only reason I bought the thing is to loan it to other people. My philosophy is that the longer you delay reading book five, the shorter time you'll have to wait for book six.

Walking Library

One of the reasons my bag is heavy is because I carry books. And one of the reasons my bag has been giving my back an ache is for the past two weeks, I've been bringing a lot of books. I come to school with books, people return me my old books, I loan them new ones, and then loan out again the newly returned books. It's a vicious cycle which is why I'll probably never get to arrange my bookshelf since my books are never complete.

As someone who loans books though, I don't think I can expect my books to get returned in their pristine and perfect condition. Not that I'm giving people a license to purposely ruin my book but well, I really can't expect people to treat my books the same way I do, especially since I'm loaning it to people who don't normally read books.

And My Mission in Life...

...Is to get people to read SF&F. Which is why I buy books and loan it to people in the first place. I'm not the type of person that rereads his books so once I'm through with them, I loan them out as soon as possible. Not that I don't weep over their eventual disintegration...

Comic Artists at Toy Con



Gerry Alanguilan (Wasted) left, Carlo Vergara (ZsaZsa Zaturnnah) right, artist of indie comic Black Rose at the top. Lyndon Gregorio is actually sitting next to Carlo, and there's a few not-so-well known people in the pic as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home