Sunday, June 15, 2003

What's Bishoujo Manga?!?!

Elbert forwarded me an article regarding bishoujo manga. At first, I thought it was just shoujo (girl) manga but upon checking, I found out it was bishoujo (beautiful girl) manga. Of course since the comic where the article is supposed to be published is claiming to be bishoujo manga, I suddenly started doubting myself. Several text messages and phone calls later, I get replies like "isn't it just shoujo manga?" or "I'm not sure but I think its ***".

Capitalism

In the anime community, it's usual for people to be selling VCDs and stuff, including Meteor Garden. Of course I've seen prices ranging from P750 ~ P1000 for a subtitled set of the first season. For someone just pirating the damn thing, P250 is a huge margin.

Stalker

As I was asking Tchan what bishoujo manga was (she also doesn't know), the following conversation came up:

Tchan: Guess where I am?

Me: At the Podium.

Tchan: Paano mo alam (how do you know)?

Me: Stalker ako eh (I'm a stalker).

Tchan: Sus, nanghula ka lang (You just guessed).

Why I Never Learned Fookien

I was dwelling on the fact why I never learned fookien despite my parents and siblings speaking it all the time. And then I remembered the following circumstances:

-mom speaks in Chinese-

Me: What does *insert chinese phrase* mean?

Mom: You should learn Chinese in order to understand!

or

Mom: You don't understand? You're a disgrace!

(that's why I'm asking, idiots, to understand what you're saying)

-mom and aunt laughs at a joke told in Chinese-

Me: What did she say?

Aunt: If you don't know Chinese, then we won't translate the joke.

-dad orders me to do something, except it's in Chinese-

Me: What did you say?

Dad: Ah, don't you know anything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home