Monday, March 17, 2003

New Anime Show

John told me that Final Fantasy Unlimited is showing on ABS-CBN.

Lines and the Nature of Filipinos

Had to go to school extra early today because I had to sign up for Philo orals (in which I am required to wear business attire, among other things). Met up with Tracy at Faura and together, we headed for the RSF where the line is supposed to be.

Despite the fact that Mr. Bulaong discouraged people from cutting in, some people still did just that. However, an informal list of people in line was passed to negate this occurence. Suffice to say, it worked to a limited extent since Mr. Bulaong asked everyone if the list was to be honored and he talked to the people whose place in line was questionable.

I don't know if it's because waiting in line causes tension but I was seated near people who were smoking and in the two hours that I was there, one guy consumed something like seven cigarettes.

Miscellaneous Stuff

The schedule for final exams is already out except it's located at the Bellarmine and that's quite a distance. Also remembered to get my exam permit from the registrar since Tracy and I passed by in an attempt to look for where the finals sched was being posted.

Disappointments

Mr. Bulaong returned four quizzes and well, mine weren't as high as last sem's. There's even one where I got a zero. I guess I can kiss the B+ grade for Philo goodbye, but I'm not losing sleep over something like that.

Krip finally returned my short story although the class didn't get to read or comment on it. I was hoping to get criticism from them but well, that wasn't possible. And when I talked to Krip after class about my short story, the mesasge I wanted to convey falls short.

Censored Material

In a barkada, it's been my experience that a few people like me, majority tolerate me, and one or two dislike me. Of course today was one of those days when I encountered that kind of group and it's strange how dialogue occurs.

I mean PDMBDWTBN (Person-Despising-Me-But-Doesn't-Want-To-Be-Named) talks to her friends and my friends but since she ignores me, I usually end up indirectly commenting on what she says. Or I bring up a topic and she also indirectly comments. All of this occuring with a straight face.

New Friend

My copy of Narcissus in Chains arrived last Saturday and instead of opening it, brought it today to loan to Tracy. She's cute, friendly, and reads SF&F as well. Our Philo teacher is also Mr. Bulaong so we were both in line, me reading Asimov's Foundation and Earth, while she was reading Narcissus in Chains.

Plug

Here is an article I made an hour ago off the top of my head. It might not be accurate but it'll give you a good idea on computer terminologies (at least the hardware type), I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home