Friday, March 14, 2003

First off, here's an Sacha wrote about how to court her (and presumably computer geeks like her). While it was written half-jokingly, it makes sense considering all the "admirers" Sacha has accumulated over the four years she's been in Ateneo. (Elbert is also joking [I hope he's joking] of writing a "how-to-court-Elbert essay.)

Anyway, had to rush to the Podium since Elbert told me to meet him at Megamall at 9:30 am but he called me at 9:00 am and told me he was in the area already. Then it was off to find out where UA&P is located.

Went to Books4Less, a shop that sells used book. The branch opposite UA&P has the books organized according to genre then alphebatized by author, but most of the subgenres of fiction (romance, horror, SF&F, fiction fiction) were all clumped under the fiction section, which made it difficult for me to navigate through the SF&F books. There's a Griffin and Sabine book selling for P650 in case anyone's interested.

Ended up waiting at the lounge for Elbert to meet with a teacher. Saw some acquaintances and when they asked me what I was doing there, I merely replied I was stalking them. And they beleived me.

It was then off to Megamall to find a copy of Empire of Memory, the last book I'm supposed to read for Phil. Lit. However, Powerbooks and National Bookstore didn't have it in stock, and neither did their other branches. Had to go all the way to Katipunan to obtain a copy (where there were half-a-dozen copies on shelf). And at P295, it's a tad bit expensive.

Carlo Vergara dropped by CCHQ to restock them with his ZsaZsa Zaturnah comic (still no vol. 2 though). Since he was there, bought a copy and asked Elbert (because I'm shy and El knows Mr. Vergara personally) to have him sign it for me.

Carlos then kindly dropped me off at EDSA where I walked home. Of course during the trip, I was amazed at all the anime/manga, RPG, and video game knowledge that I have. I've been a geek my whole life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home