Friday, March 14, 2003

First off, to those who have been writing emails to me, sorry if I haven't replied to them. Will start tomorrow (ah, the mantra of one who procastinates).

Because I have been putting off writing in my blog for what seems like a week (two days actually), here are some things I missed about the convention:

Paul won a prize for the Jedi art contest. He got a Star Wars graphic novel.

Someone dressed up as Silent Bob.

Those managing the Harry Potter booth were cute, but they talked like Povedans (no offense to Povedans, and I'm really fascinated with Povedans actually), hence giving me the feeling they're one of the social elite. Which means I should run away.

Since the event was held in the parking lot (which made the con a bit narrow in space), people had to move aside from time to time to let vehicles pass through.

Parking fee was P30 for the first three hours and P30 per hour after. Of course this is only applicable to those who parked before 5 pm. Unfortunately, the con started at 3 pm, so those who came in early and left at midnight ended up paying something like P180 or so. Those who came in after 5 pm paid a flat rate of P25.

Also managed to get Isaac Asimov's Foundation and Earth novel at the con. It's the 5th and final book of the Foundation series and for some strange reason, didn't get reprinted.

Speaking of books, there was a book sale yesterday at Ateneo's library. Elbert snagged some William Gibson books for P20, including Neuromancer. Ended up buying some 17 books, including a set of Belgariad and Mallorean (well, minus one Mallorean book) books by David Eddings, P20 each. Of course I ended up handing the books to Izza since she totally adores Eddings, so that drops to the books I actually kept to eight. Six of those are Fred Saberhagen's (out of print) Lost Swords books. And well, I did get a Fafhrd and Grey Mouser novel there as well so to say it was a steal is an understatement.

I ended up buying so much books that the lady (and staff of Ateneo) who was handling the cash register asked me about the SF&F con. Ended up telling her it occurred last Wednesday and who were there.

Liana was also wearing skirts yesterday. Will bring a camera on Tuesday to take a picture of her wearing skirts again.

E-klik is now using Linux. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Does Kazaa work on Linux?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home