Tuesday, March 04, 2003

I guess what irks me today is the fact that I only have one class (Theo 131) and no one told me it was a free cut. All that time waiting in school for a class that was a free cut... not to mention that I crammed my midterms and reflection paper last night (since it's due today). But oh well, it wasn't such a waste because...

...Elbert treated me out to lunch. Actually, Elbert and Jamie treated me out to lunch. Jamie's eyes were wide open when she saw me eat sisig in a matter of minutes.

Also got Kim's grad pic as she and the other LitSoc officers were having a meeting.

Did manage to hitch with my high school classmate Patrick who brought me to Megamall and from there, managed to walk home.

Only to meet up with my former GM, Mars, who's currently contemplating on running a D20 Modern RPG game and is currently hosting a Scarred Lands campaign (complete with Creature Collection 1 and 2) but unfortunately, he lives in Velenzuela and there is no way I can reach that place to game.

Now, I have to raise some $100+ so that I can ask Carlos to buy me some books from Amazon since Amazon doesn't charge tax and ships stuff free to the US. Actually ended up paying more for last Christmas since I asked Carlos to buy books from Amazon but he got the fancy idea to just order from a bookstore so I paid something like an additional $8.

Thought of two pet peeves while I was sleeping but only managed to remember one at the moment. I just really hate it when anime fans compare other sports anime to Slam Dunk. The phrase "it's like Slam Dunk" has been turned into an adjective of various purposes that I can't even begin to fathom. I mean the piraters of "Prince of Tennis" CDs describe it as "Slam Dunk on the tennis court". What does that mean? And the boxing anime currently on GMA has been described as "like Slam Dunk". What the hell are you all talking about? Sports anime is a genre in anime and it has diverse methods to tell it. What does "it's like Slam Dunk" mean aside from the fact that it's sports? Slam Dunk has several elements. Are they using it as an adjective that says the anime is good? Or does it pertain to the "team" story of Slam Dunk? Or the focus of Slam Dunk on the sport as well as the character? Or its use of real-world references like the NBA? Or the pacing from a beginner to professional? Or the pretty boys? The humor? What? As far as I know, Prince of Tennis and that anime on GMA (I forgot the name so it will remain nameless) is vastly different from Slam Dunk as much as it has similarities, if any.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home