Saturday, November 16, 2002

Had to go to school today since I have class. I saw people lining up just to confirm their ACP classes. Yes, ACP registration is horrible.

Anyway, for the past week, I've been hearing raves about how cute and handsome Lucius Malfoy is in Chamber of Secrets. At least from the girls. Some guys (like Navarro) are raving about how "hot" Hermione is.

Carlos: Is it pedophilia to like the actress playing Hermione? How old is she?

Elbert: 15 or so, I think. Wait a few years. She's hot!

Carlos, Elbert, and I split the cab bill to take us to SM North. From there, Elbert took a bus going home while me and Carlos were left to commute south. Unfortunately, it was raining. Hard. I was armed with my jacket and Carlos only had his multitude of thick body hair. He decided to take a bus while I decided to board the MRT. And believe me, the distance from SM North to the MRT is quite a distance, especially when it's pouring.

I was drenched (but fortunately, the contents of my plastic folder didn't get wet, especially T.H. White's Once and Future King) when I finally arrived at the MRT station. By the time we were in Cubao, clouds nor puddles of water were nowhere to be seen. It also a good thing I was wearing dark blue. That way, me being wet wasn't so noticeable.

I forgot to mention, Benj dropped by CCHQ to greet me. Apparently, he was planning to download Buffy episodes from E-Klik. But I forgot to mention to him that E-Klik was closed on Saturdays. I didn't know he was planning to come on Saturday. And I have confirmed it: the Super Pedro Hall of Shame lists Tin on its bulletin board. In bold letters.

Anyway, I eventually arrived in Glorietta to go to my favorite shop: A Different Bookstore. Boy, did they restock. The SF&F section was overflowing with books that they didn't fit on the shelves. Of course a lot of those books are copies of Dragonlance's new trilogy as well as several D&D core books and supplements. There's a complete set of Dune books available, which tempted me to get for Steph since she's still missing the last three books. To buy books for Steph for her birthday (never mind the fact that there's an Arislan manga set, a Glay 2001 calendar, an Arislan novel, a Hakkai and Kougaiji plushie, and a few books here at home just for her birthday) or for me? I was sorely tempted by three items: R. A. Salvatore's One Hundred Orcs, a book on the sources and myths of Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, and the D&D supplementary materials. Me being the penniless person that I am, I could only get one. For Salvatore's book, I just told myself I'd get it when it comes out in paperback. Besides, it's a trilogy. For the book about Tolkien and Lord of the Rings, I'm not so sure about how reliable the author of that book is (it's a recently released book and I haven't read any reviews about it) and if I wanted to really know about Tokien's sources, I can just research about it (or ask Lea). Regarding the D&D supplements, I was torn between "Deities and Demigods" and "Monsters Manual 2". They were P1500+ each and while they're expensive, I have a 10% discount and it's cheaper here than the regular distributor (which would probably sell them around P1800~P2300). Guess which I bought? =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home