Saturday, November 29, 2003

Ways to Catch People's Attention (in Blogs)

1) Cause Controversy: Apparenlty, some friends rushed in to check last week's blog entry, all because I mentioned that Elbert was gay (whatever happened to "The Tim Yap of Comics"?). To clarify things, he isn't. He's a closet straight (his words, not mine).

2) Change Layout: Finally found the time to redo the blog's layout (with a strange mirror effect from the previous one). But I finally updated my link list!

This Week's Event's

1) Elections: Teachers, friends, and blogs everywhere have been talking about next year's elections, more specifically FPJ's statement to run for president (to Americans, the closest analogy I can think of is Arnold Schwarzanegger running for governor in California). There have been complaints, despair, rants, raves, and justifications for voting him. Some have even professed to leave the country, which many people have been saying for the past two decades (which I think is a stupid act because the Philippines can never get better if its citizens abandon ship the first moment there's a crisis).

2) Thanksgiving: It's an American custom and we sometimes celebrate it, depending on my mother's social stature. What I mean by that is that my mom is this pretentious creature that constantly seeks to be popular and please other people, so if she thinks other people will celebrate it (or if she has special "guests"), we'll celebrate Thanksgiving. Apparenlty, no one's looking at her this year so thankfully, there was no celebration. However...

3) Uncle's Birthday: Had to attend my uncle's birthday last Tuesday, where it was held in their garden. And then it rained, so I had to rush eating my food before I got drenched.

Pacman and Lord of the Rings

I think I already mentioned this before but Vin got a laugh out of it anyway.

Simply put, Ringwraiths are like the ghosts in Pacman. Once you destroy their cloaks, they have to go rush home and get a new one, effectively "respawning" once you've killed them.

A Corporeal Sauron

In a LotR discussion, Vin did mention he liked the opening scene in Fellowship of the Ring since it "heightened" Sauron.

As for me, it seemed to diminish him because he had a corporeal form (in contrast to the lidless eye mentioned in the books). Sure, he could physically harm me, but it works both ways. At least my stand is, if you're not corporeal, there's a lot more things you can do to scare a person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home