Monday, November 17, 2003

Back from the Dead

School's officially "begun", although I did get a free cut during my 3-hour class last night (which isn't really surprising since it's Krip).

Haven't blog/blog-hopped as of late, but I hear Ateneo's wireless Internet is now operational. Now if only I knew someone who had a laptop with a LAN card...

Justice League

A week ago, my friend was raving about a certain Justice League episode in the US. And wouldn't you know it, they showed it last Sunday.

Probably the second alternate world in their universe, but this one sports a trigger-happy Superman who went on a lobotomizing spree (with his heat-vision) and even did the whole Arkham Asylum (Joker was the receptionist, and Poison Ivy was... docile).

And their take on the "real" Superman is far from the boyscout-type.

Drone Work

Graduation is impending and unlike certain people, I'm not averse to "drone work" (but just because I'm not averse does not mean I want it as a career), as long as it pays well. Of course not all drone work is equal and there are some things I favor.

Encoding - I type fast and doing so is brainless. There's little (if any) socializing, which is just fine with me. And the worst error I could make is typos, which could always been caught by editing.

Scanning - More favorable than encoding, being paid to scan loads of stuff is perfectly fine with me since I get to read while the computer is busy scanning the files.

Storeclerk - This is actually conditional. If it's a "regular" storeclerk, I'd rather pass (since it involves me socializing with other people and appearing pleasant all the time). But as long as it revolves around my hobbies (books, anime/manga, games), I'm fine since I get to meet people with similar-minded interests as well as get to enjoy msyelf (and familiarize myself).

Then again, it's not like somebody would pay me a decent entry-level five figure salary for doing those stuff.

(Up next, drone work I don't like.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home