Thursday, September 25, 2003

Exhausted

Commuting to Ortigas from school, while raining, isn't easy, especially when one leaves his umbrella at home.

After dropping by Mega Mall and Podium, I went home, only to find out thirty minutes later that the books I ordered in Makati have arrived.

The driver wasn't home so I had to walk all the way to the MRT station in Ortigas just to get to Makati and back home.

*sigh*

Outside Tequila Joes

When I got out of Glorietta, several people were crowding outside of Tequila Joe. Apparently, they were watching the Ateneo vs DLSU UAAP basketball semifinals game.

When I looked at the scoreboard, both teams were tied and it was already the 4th quarter with 45 seconds to go. One of the teams called a timeout and one team was set for a free throw. As much as I wanted to see the conclusion, games like those tend to extend themselves.

So I left, not knowing whether Ateneo won or not.

Speed

I really run fast. But I never expected I'd outrun a text message.

I was at the ground floor of the building when I sent a text message to Elbert asking where he was. I then went up to the second floor, dropped my bags in the classroom, then went to the third floor to look for Elbert. When I saw him, his phone beeped and lo and behold, it was my text message.

Words of Wisdom

Mr. Sunico in class today told us something my dad used to tell me about business. Selling merchandise is easy. It's collecting (money) that's difficult.

Copyright Violations

Got demoralized when I heard about the state of copyrights here in the Philippines (not that it surprises me). And one of the biggest violators are, of course, the universities we study in (myself included). With all the photocopied material and all, a lot of royalty really evades the authors.

When you produce something, you automatically have the copyright to it. What's difficult is proving it, which is why going to the National Library is important, or if you really want to sue, there's the long process of applying for a patent. The poor man's way of proving a copyright is that upon creating the work, write a contract that you are the creator of the work and mail it to yourself (don't open the envelope!). It's valid proof since the post office marked a date on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home