Sunday, September 21, 2003

Twenty One

It's been a hectic weekend, especially with me being deprived of much needed sleep.

Of course it never ceases to amaze me at how I manage to retain my duplicity all these years...

Mega Mall's Restroom

I went inside to wash my hands and despite that there were half a dozen sinks, no one was using them since all the men were looking at the mirror, posing and fixing their hair.

All those unused sinks...

"1st Gaming Convention"

Neutral Grounds had their gaming convention today at Megatrade Hall A. Of course the emcee claimed that it was the "1st gaming convention" of its kind.

I mean how many times have I heard that being said on conventions, even when it's not?

The highlight of the event was the Magic: The Gathering Mirrodin prerelease. I probably saw a few hundred M:TG players which hasn't been seen since, uh, five years ago when M:TG was at its peak (here in the Philippines).

The other 50% of the area involved miniature games (i.e. Warhammer, Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings, Hero Clicks/Mage Knight/Mechwarrior), a stall selling anime (2Rats), a games shop (Uber Games), and some RPG demos.

Yes, it was pretty small. One can only thank the gods that the entrance fee was only P20. Wasn't really tempted to purchase anything in the place, unlike the trip to Fully Booked during the late Saturday evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home