Thursday, July 10, 2003

A Sign I Liked

While we were waiting for Comicol's ads to be reproduced, I saw this sign that read:

"No smoking. Those who do will be shot. Those who survive will be shot again."

Talk About Pathetic

On the other hand, on the way to the photocopier, I saw this at at Seiji:

"Come get your Meteor Garden fill" or something similar. It's Meteor Garden. At a Japanese restaurant. Never mind.

Korean Soap Opera

Well, GMA 7 got one, disrupting my schedule of watching anime. It's even more annoying that timeslots have a thirty minute gap.

Converts

Getting people to get into SF&F is easy in comparison to getting another person into pen and paper RPGs. I mean in order to accomplish the former, all you need to do is to loan him/her a book. For the latter...

Well, let's just say one needs subtler techniques.

Take Elbert for example. He's not into RPGs (or even video games for that matter). He's into comics. So in my grand scheme, how do I get him interested in RPGs?

Corruption has always been a slow descent. Several months ago, I had Elbert do a script involving RPGs (which is still pending because well... fate is conspiring against Elbert).

Phase two involved showing him the core books of D&D. He was awed at the artists ("they're comic book artists!") and was surprised that a lot of effort was put into the books rather than just a mishmash of facts and stats.

Phase three started earlier this week when Jobert arrived and narrated jokes about the gaming party.

Phase four was initiated the other day when Vin and Tobie proposed a D20 3.5 conversion for one of their fiction.

And of course, Elbert was asking yesterday questions about how feasible it is to get into RPGs. Topped it off by loaning him the Scourge of Worlds (kind people could also get one for me) demo CD. And he liked it.

That's not to say Elbert will be playing RPGs anytime soon. But eventually...

Up, Up, And Away!

I don't think I'll be coming home today. Day will start with me leaving home for my dentist appointment, then school, then ADB (please let 3.5 be released today!!!), then to Jobert's place for our D&D campaign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home