Friday, February 07, 2003

I knew I didn't have a dentist appointment today but the questions by my parents made me think twice. So when I went to the dentist, it was embarassing when one of the dentists said that they only had business during the second and fourth weeks of the month.

Day wasn't a total waste though. Was able to make Steph smile, loaned Tracy the Cowboy Bebop DVD, promised Liana (she likes fantasy!) to loan her Magic's Promise next week, gave some spare After Eden posters, and met up with the cute members of the Comicol.

On a side note, here are some anecdotes of the day:

Me: *reading Magic's Pawn*

Girl: What book is that?

Me: *shows the book*

Girl: Mercedes Lackey?

Me: Yup. It's fantasy.

Girl: Oh. Is it like...

Me: Lord of the Rings?

Girl: Yeah.

Me: I don't know why but ever since they showed that movie, people often ask me that when I'm reading a fantasy novel.

Girl: Or is it like Harry Potter.

Me: That too.

-Scene 2-

Me: *reading Magic's Pawn*

Liana: *walks up and looks at the book*

Liana: Okay. Read that one already.

Me: So you came all the way up here just to see what book I'm reading?

Liana: Yeah. Have that one already.

Me: So you haven't read the second and third books?

Liana: Why, do you have it?

Me: *brings out Magic's Promise* You mean this?

Liana: *puppy eyes* Can I borrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home