Saturday, February 01, 2003

This might as well have been Elbert's blog since all the "interesting" events have been happening to him for the past two days. For example, the feature article he wrote for Feature Writing class got published in the Inquirer. He also drew some artwork for CCHQ's anniversary (which also happens to be Chinese New Year). And he was spooked out by me and when he felt my freezing hand since it reminded him of his deceased best friend...

In the blink of an eye, I go from bankrupt to someone having money because of the Chinese New Year. Unfortunately, I got it at 10 pm, and most bookstores are closed by then. Didn't reach the Powerbooks sale to get all the books I wanted to get but couldn't afford.

On the good side, Elbert loaned me Stephen King's book, On Writing.

Ate nothing but steak and drank red wine last evening. I didn't want to be at the party since I had a lot of cramming to do.

Placed the finishing touches to my feature article the next morning when I get a text message from Elbert. Of all days, he's sick. He's dehydrated, and his father brings him to the doctor. Because his father doesn't want their bathroom to get clogged up. >.<

Feature Writing class was different since Miss Chit Estella came in early (at 9:15) and by then, there were only around four or five of us. Soon, the class gathered up to around ten, but that's barely half of the class. A lot of students were either sick, missing, and will email ma'am their articles. Also, ma'am already gave potential ideas for the final feature article to be submitted in March. Guess what I'm writing?

CCHQ's on sale!!! Most notable on the Japanese side is Fushigi Yuugi manga, Oh My Goddess! manga, Card Captor artbooks... For Alan Moore fans, you might want to get The Supremes since that's on sale as well, and some one-shot Batman trades.

And now, dad is having a party. Will probably get out of the house to avoid the smoke. Last time this happened, ended up watching Ring. Of course I'm limping nowadays because of the gash on my knee so walking far isn't exactly something I cherish.

P.S. To George R. R. Martin fans, get Dragon magazine #305. He has an excerpt for his upcoming book, A Feast of Crows, entitled Arms of the Kraken, which can stand on its own.

*cough* *cough* choking from smoke...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home