Wednesday, January 29, 2003

What can I say? I'm busy, busy, busy.

Finally managed to loan Mr. Yapan A Game of Thrones. The corruption of the Filipino dept. begins, hehehe.

Elbert's health is slowly deteriorating, so he left with me two comic books before he cut class. One of them is ZsaZsa Saturnnah by Carlo Vergara (One Night in Purgatorio), a two-part comic about a male homosexual who turns into this Darna-type of character. Manga and Pol Medina influences can be seen, as well as lots of in-jokes about Philippine culture (there's something eerie when the main villain talks like a certain megastar, and her allies are named after other superstars like Nora [Aunor] and Vilma [Santos]). The other comic was Catwoman which was also a nice read (I like her new look). Elbert also left me some Comicol "stuff" which increased the load on my back. And as if faith was conspiring, Jamie only returned to me today my Death: High Cost of Living (which I haven't read, by the way, because it was circulated to certain people first), and loaned me Alan Moore's From Hell. Yes, I am now carrying a very heavy bag.

Of course was surprised to see Johann (but not as surprised as he is to see me with long hair). He looks different, speaks different, and acts different, as if all the evil in him has been purged out of his system. Of course it could all be just a mood swing, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But it's still definitely Johann because before I left, he asked me if I could introduce him to some girls.

Well, I was late for Phil. Lit. class because 1) I ran into Steph and 2) we ran into Ms. Castillo, my Psych teacher. Apparently, she's also was Steph's Psych teacher (you learn something new everyday). So Ms. Castillo was asking help since she wanted a database-sort of program for her studies and since Steph's in MIS, she should be knowledgeable about that. Then talk drifted to PAASCU, yada yada yada. Came in ten minutes late but I didn't really miss much.

When I get home, mother barges in and tells me I can meet someone RIGHT NOW for my feature article. Of course considering we're having a family dinner I don't want to attend at 7 pm, I told her I was resting (which I need). And then she complains that I should do it now. Of course first of all, I never asked her to set up this "appointment". Two, I'm unprepared, and an interviewer should never be that. Not that mother thinks any of this. I mean she's the one who suggested to microwave those donuts with filling (it never occurred to her that the sugar coating would melt). Third, since it's impromptu, I don't really have a set of questions now do I? Fourth, what makes her think I have a spare blank tape (I actually do) for my tape recorder?

Wasted two and a half hours of my life eating with family. I'll expect to waste three hours on Friday, and another on Saturday since I'm "obligated" to attend these parties in which I'm quiet the entire time and fed up with doing nothing but eat, eat, and eat (and worst of all, it's been the same food over the years... my relatives don't grow tired of eating the same stuff every month, every week, every day).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home