Thursday, December 19, 2002

A miracle did happen yesterday and CCHQ's Japanese shipment arrived. If I was a Chobits fan, I'd get the special edition Chobits #8 manga, which comes with a lunchbox (that can store the manga) and a mousepad. It also costs P1600. There's also the oversized Hikaru no Go artbook which was on shelf a few weeks back but quickly got bought despite the P3000+ price tag. I guess that's it, aside from the restock of mangas and such.

On a side note, I really want the 12 inch Hunter x Hunter plushies at Comic Alley. It has Hisoka, Kuroro, Kurapika, Kilua, and Gon. And it costs P4000 for the set. Actually, I don't want the plush set. It'll make great gifts though. =)

Will be busy for the next three days and I doubt if I can update my blog, short of depriving myself of sleep. Tonight, I have a birthday to attend. I guess I'm fortunate the restaurant I'm supposed to eat out is near our village. But before that, I have to meet up with Chanty, give her the Lord of the Rings tickets, and surprise her with Fruits Basket #10 (unless, ummm, she's reading this now).

Tomorrow is Culture Crash's Comics and Anime Convention. Hope to see a lot of familiar faces there and give them their Christmas presents (oi! Daimira! Will you be going to Megamall tomorrow? Need to give you Rivan Codex). And of course, in the evening, there's The Two Towers. Of course since that'll end at probably midnight, it's a thirty minute walk home.

And on Sunday is the second part of the convention. Strangely, one of the biggest events in Philippine anime conventions is the cosplay. I don't have a costume but I'll probably mingle with the cosplayers once the event is done. Nagtatampo sila tuwing umaalis ako ng maaga eh.

And since I don't think I'll be buying anything from CCHQ in the next two days, I computed how much I've spent in the store (not including the pabilis) since it opened in February. As I said before, the only things I bought for myself were After Eden and a hardbound edition of Sandman: Dream Hunters. The total cost of that is P2000. And apparently, P2000 is only 8.9% of what I've spent there. Hmmmmm. Oh well. At least I'm glad the stuff I bought went to fans and friends. ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home