Sunday, December 15, 2002

I don't think my day could be as busy as yesterday (Sunday).

Started off the morning by walking to church since the driver wasn't available. Not that I needed to actually attend since it was the Christmas party and there was food, food, and more food.

Dropped by Neutral Ground where a LotR card game tournament was supposed to be held, in which the proceeds would go to charity. It was 12:30 pm and the tournament is supposed to start at 1:00 pm. No one in sight except Jacob who isn't even the event organizer. Oh well. Off to Megamall to attend Gem's birthday party.

Well, Gem told me to meet her at 1 pm. Since this is Filipino time we're talking about, people don't show up on time. To put it in another way, Gem planned us to leave Megamall by 2 pm. The actual departure time was 4 pm.

In the three hour interval, my "stalker powers" (which actually means I accidentally run into people) were working. I dropped by Powerbooks and I was sorely tempted to get Gem a copy of Good Omens. Unfortunately, I only had P240 and the book costs P289 (hint: get this book now!). I spent my large amounts of money on an Angel Sanctuary postcard book which I planned to give to the cosplayers (mostly female, since Angel Sanctuary is as yaoi title, after all). However, when I went to Comic Quest, saw a familiar face.

Sheila: Charles... what did you do to your hair?

Sheila couldn't go to Gem's celebration since she was sick, not to mention tired from ice skating for the past few days since she's been practicing for her competition. She agreed to split Good Omens with me so we went to Powerbooks (after a quick visit to National Bookstore) and bought the book.

Also bought Flip #4 as well (it's out!) and I ran into another friend, Gabs, who gave me a quick lecture on the books to get regarding Middle-Earth's mythology (since they're now available at the bookstores). I would have gotten her a copy if I had the money.

Off to Encore! Encore! to meet Gem but she wasn't there. To sum everything up, in the span of three hours, the OAV people, the yaoi dudes, Kero, Fed, and Krizelle, showed up. During this time though, I felt my "stalker-sense" draw me to Comic Alley. On my way there, I ran into Rin. Gave her a postcard and told her where Gem was. Apparently, Rin also wants Backgammon. To give to Tchan or to Rin? Hmmmm... Off to Comic Alley.

*gasp* They have available the 12-inch Hunter x Hunter plushies seen at previews! It has Gon, Kilua, Hisoka, Kuroro, and Kurapika. The set also costs P4000...

The trip Gem's aunt's house involved a lot of turns. There were three drivers and I don't think any of them could have gotten us out of that village without proper directions. Anyway, Krizelle brought her PS2 (somehow, she managed to find the money) so we essentially had a DVD player. Fed brought the Extended version of Lord of the Rings. The others brought their bathing suits.

Basically, in the first two hours, people were eating and the guys were staring at the TV, watching footage of how the designers made the costumes for Fellowship of the Ring, even as the girls were swimming in the pool. Yes, I chose to watch Lord of the Rings instead of watching cute girls swim. That's how much of a geek I am.

Eventually, there were only four of us who weren't swimming, mainly because we were either sick or didn't have extra clothes. The TV broke down as it had the "blackout" symptoms similar to what occurs on computer monitors. Of course there's usually a temporary way to fix that: by hitting it. After a few hours and a few hits, the TV was working again and people were ready to sing Karaoke. Unfortunately, I had a curfew (this was around 10 pm already) and well, I didn't know how to get out of the village, much less commute home. I was going to commute out with Hazel but I don't think P20 will get you far. Yes, I'm broke. Again.

Fortunately, as we got out, everyone figured out that it was time for us to go home as well. We convoyed Tobie out of the village and I was riding in Mitz's car as he drove us all the way to EDSA...

Note that we came from Pasig. Because of a missed intersection and low fuel, we somehow ended up in Antipolo. Oh well. At least now I have a general idea of where Sta. Lucia is. Soon, we were in Katipunan. They were going to turn right towards Cubao (which entails a longer walk home for me) but thankfully, Mitz missed it so we had to take the Boni-Serrano route, just beside Annapolis.

It was a walk home at midnight. Ugh. And I told my parents I'd be home at 10 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home