Monday, December 16, 2002

I guess I was desperate enough for cash yesterday that I asked mom for a Christmas advance. Of course it doesn't seem enough when I take into account all the debts I have.

Anyway, bought CCHQ a bag of assorted cookies from Mrs. Fields. Hope they liked it. ^^

I guess the tragedy is that CCHQ's Japanese shipment is in the country but it'll arrive at their house on Saturday... a day too late. Maybe a miracle will happen.

When I finally got back to school, saw Louie waiting for Bart. Also met up Cathy who's frantic since she's in Ambeth Ocampo's class and they have an exam tomorrow. No matter how much I tell her that it's useless to prepare for Ocampo's exams (no amount of memorizing will do since the exam is open notes... just do what he asks of you and don't fret about it... there's no way you can really prepare).

No English Lit. class since Mr. Pulan was apparently in a meeting. But he told us last Friday the meeting would be on Wednesday...

Also had dinner at Gloria Maris since it was grandmother's birthday. Never mind the fact that she wasn't there. *sigh* I hate these Chinese traditions. I'm sick and tired of the people, the food, the whole ritual. It goes on and on every year, every month, every special occassion. The routine never changes. My relatives don't even change. They're still obsessed with themselves. Want an example? My cousins live in Australia and they're complaining about prejudice despite the fact that only 1/6 Australians are actually Europeans and the rest are immigrants. However, when it comes to here in the Philippines, they look down on non-Chinese (although they won't admit that), probably not even allowing their children to marry someone that's not Chinese. And of course, businesses must be relegated to Chinese. To do so to a Filipino is unthinkable for them, unless there's a real advantage to be gained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home