Wednesday, August 14, 2002

I lay in my bed, sleeping and dreaming, encountering altered states of consciousness. It feels so good to sleep, especiallly when you came home at one in the morning. Saiyuki at 7 am. *yawn*. Ayashi no Ceres at 8 am. *zZzZzZ*.

Fr. Dacanay told us that in his class of 100+ students, 20+ failed the orals and written exams. Since Garrick spooked me with his text a few days ago and the fact that I got the thesis question which I did not know very well, I rushed out of class when the bell rang and headed for the Theology department to get a look at my grades.

I should always remember to trust my insticts. It's best to stay calm no matter how dire the situation is. I saw a few F's, one timeslot away from mine. Mine was 1.75. I passed.

Spent the next few hours at CCHQ, talking and chatting with Katherine and Khristine, mostly with the latter. I forgot to mention this before but Khristine used to teach at Xavier grade school.You learn something new everyday.

I'm also debating to get the ONE remaining copy of the limited edition of Neil Gaiman's Coraline. It has a few extra pages from the normal edition which contains concept art and sketches, among other things. The problem is that it'll cost me nearly P3000 since you have to buy the Hardbound Neverwhere that comes along with it (mainly because they had to order a set to get the limited ed. Coraline). Right now, it's a race between me and Elbert, and Elbert will have money by next week. To buy or not to buy?

I'm also short on budget right now because I have $60 to Russel who's going to the US. Haven't given him a list yet but will ask him to buy Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books so that I have something to give Steph on her birthday or Christmas. I'm also saving up for the annual bookfair which is on August 31. I really hope there'll be some interesting books that'll lay in wait for me. Then again, I only have P1000 in my wallet and I'm buying some used scifi books on Sunday (Larry Niven's Ringwordl, C.J. Cherryh's Downbelow Station, Michael Ende's Neverending Story, William Gibson's Neuromancer, Robert Heinlen's The Cat Who Walked Through walls, to name a few). Isn't it obvious I love books? =)

Of course, as usual, had our D&D game last night at Russel's place in Kapitolyo. It took us four sessions to get from level one to level two. It only took us one session to get from level two to level three. Amidst the ghouls, ghasts, animated objects, and mephits, we managed to fend them all off, without the help of a cleric. We're quite broke now though.

I'd also like to comment on Noelle and her smoke problems. At least she fared better than Elbert, who during the weekend managed to inhale smoke coming from burning rubber at a site near their house. He was hospitalized for three days, coughing to death the entire time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home