Monday, August 12, 2002

It's just my luck to arrive at school after a one hour drive and twenty minutes of walking, only to find out classes are suspended.

The storm has brought on some interesting, of pitying sides, along the road. People were splashed by water as cars passed them by. One vehicle had its window down so that the person inside could bail water out using a mineral water bottle cut in half. And there's the driver who went out of the car during traffic and then pissed.

I walked all around Ateneo to get to CCHQ since the opposite ends of the overpass were flooded knee deep, or at least it was by the time I got there. Students from Miriam and Ateneo were flocking along Katipunan, going to the restaurants and other stopbys after classes were declared suspended. I headed to CCHQ and fortunately they were open. Can't say that's the case though if it was signal no. 2.

I've also noticed I'm impervious to the charms of CCHQ. I'm not tempted to buy manga, comics, wall scrolls, and whatever else that's there... except the Neil Gaiman novels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home