Thursday, January 31, 2002

While I expected it to rain today when I got out of the house, I lacked the foresight to actually bring an umbrella. I was often too lazy to take off the jacket strapped to my waist and don it. That basically sums up what I felt during this rainy day.

In line with rainy days, there's always been a tendency for people to borrow either my jacket or umbrella. That's why during the first semester, I always bring an umbrella AND a jacket, even on sunny days. Just my luck, I didn't bring an umbrella so when Ria had to go home from our fiction class and it was raining, I loaned her my jacket and I was bereft of cover. Not that I regretted it...

Finally saw Steph today. Perhaps I shouldn't have though. She was staring at a table with a melancholy expression. I was too shy and afraid to ask her what was wrong. Perhaps she's angry. Perhaps she needs time to cool off or something. Paula wasn't minding her. I had good sense not to bother her either.

I had to attend a talk for our Sci10 class today. I realized something about the environment and technology. Most of pollution results not from the bigger companies who have funds for research in pollution-free technology but rather it's the small to medium business who don't have the budget. Technology is like science. It's neither good nor evil but it has the capabilities for both, depending on how it's used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home