Wednesday, March 29, 2006

[Blog Entry] No Life

No Life


I don’t go out much, sticking with my regiment of eat, sleep, and work, not necessarily in that order. Thankfully, my inhuman metabolism keeps me at the same weight and figure, no matter how much I eat or sleep.

Anyway, Saturday was a deviation from my norm. I was struck by wanderlust and ended up wandering around the malls in the Ortigas area, all by myself. Ended up seeing (but not necessarily meeting, because meeting implies that the other person saw you and said hello) a lot of familiar faces: former teachers, batchmates, friends, and even enemies.

Interestingly enough, the two themes that are constant among my acquaintances are death and marriage. It’s either I have to express my condolences to them, or they invite me to their wedding. 2006: Death and Marriages. That would be the title of this year. Hopefully, no wedding is scheduled on the same day as a funeral. But the year’s not yet over. I might be late for my own funeral if Fate has a say in things. And I’m sure some people are planning to get married, they just haven’t announced it yet.

In the meantime, see you on Saturday at Dean’s book launch. Fully Booked Greenhills, 4 pm to 6 pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home