Friday, February 24, 2006

[Blog Entry] May You Live in Interesting Times

May You Live in Interesting Times


Which is one of the things I love about this country. Although it seems everyone else is talking about our president's declaration of State of Emergency.

Of course last Thursday, before the proclamation was declared, I took a leave of absence. Everyone seems to ask me why, but I simply answered I felt like it. Apparently, me leaving work heralded something bigger.

To those who don't know where I geographically live, I'm right across the EDSA shrine. I live in the same village as Richard Gomez and La Salle high school (not to be confused with the village of former president Joseph Estrada). Unfortunately, that also means I can hear the rallies from the comfort of my room. (And my work place is in Ortigas so...)

Of course in the middle of the afternoon, I got a text message from one of my superiors, asking that I look for the contact number of a certain store. Said store not being listed in the directory or the Internet, I had to walk all the way to the branch and ask for their contact number. The store was located in Podium, near Mega Mall. That meant having to cross EDSA. While EDSA is normally peaceful, there were hordes of armed men at the choke point of Robinsons Galleria, and perhaps Ayala Ave. Unfortunately, in order to get to Mega Mall, I had to pass through Robinsons Galleria...

In better news, life was temporarily held in suspense as I found out that one of my friends had chronic hepatitis. Fortunately, it's not yet cancer. But that kind of news is like saying instead of getting an F for your finals, you got a D.

1 Comments:

Blogger claudzki said...

yes - it must be interesting and exciting times there right now...

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home