Monday, August 18, 2003

I should be cramming for Theo but...

...this is the only day I'm free to get part of my salary from my summer job. And of all days, it's raining (maybe God would be kind and ironic by making it rain strong enough so that tomorrow's classes are cancelled and I don't have to take my Theo exam... not Thursday though since that screws up my Philo orals [will there be orals if there's signal no. 3 or not?] as well as it's the day of my block's workshop).

Umbrella

I actually lost my black umbrella last weekend (either left it at Jaime's car or at Encomium) and right now I have a brown checkered one to replace it (and it has a button so that I don't get injured closing the umbrella!).

Of course walking from the Powerplant to Buendia, my umbrella isn't used to fend off the rain as much as it is used to shield myself from the splashes high-speeding vehicles along EDSA cause. That's courtesy for you.

Books!

Well, Fully Booked has a paperback edition of Neil Gaiman's Coraline going for P200+. There's also a trade of Jimmy Corrigan. And the hardcover of Terry Pratchett's Night Watch (along with play adaptations of some Discworld novels).

Where my Salary Went

It went to ordering books at ADB since I managed to avail of a 15% discount. Unfortunately, of the one and a half dozen books I ordered, only one is actually going to me. And that's because I gave my own copy of the book to someone else...

Most of the good stuff at ADB were also gone, especially since the sale's until the end of the month. No more William Gibson, no more Douglas Adams...

The new D&D Corebooks are still on Amazon's bestseller list, I think. And ADB's also ran out of them, but there's still Fiend Folio and Savage Species.

Blaster Worm

That worm is getting annoying. It screwed up my computer earlier this morning and the ingenius worm actually disabled my Norton Anti-Virus.

I Hate the Rain

I'm just waiting for the storm to fry the telephone and electricity lines so that my computer would suddenly crash along with every other appliance in the house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home