Sunday, June 08, 2003

Blogger

They're having errors again. Here's last night's entries.

Mosquito Bites

For past few days, staying in my room is a real pain, because there's a mosquito (what breed, I don't know since the Philippines is infested with these insects).

I tried catching it but it's too small and too fast. Not to mention that it doesn't make a sound when it flaps its wings, which is usually my cue.

Strangely enough, this one mosquito only comes out when the sun has set. Kind of like a vampiric mosquito.

On a side note, strange larva has been popping in my bathroom. I don't know whether this is due to the mosquito, a sign of an impending ant swarm, or a spider breeding ground. A cockroach did enter my room the other night, but I've gotten over that.

Grade Seven

It seems that this extra year of grade school education plays a huge role in my college life. I mean when I entered first year, at 18, I had female classmates who were just turning 16.

By the time I (hopefully) graduate next year, I'll be 21 (which means I'm not a dependent anymore when it comes to taxes), but I'll be graduating with other batchmates who are 19 or even just had their debut.

I'm not complaining about getting old (especially me looking younger than my age) but it's a disparity that tugs at my mind.

I Look Smart

After one hour of talking with Elbert's employer Chris yesterday, suddenly he gave the comment that I'm smart. Why is that? I mean with the exception of telling him I study in Ateneo, I didn't show him my grades. In fact, I did fail a subject two semesters ago. So why do people persist that I am smart (not that I mind but it's these first impressions that make the world... go wrong).

Or maybe it's my stalker-sense tingling at how people overestimate me.

Of course in other news, people don't beleive I'm a stalker. At least Chris didn't until he suddenly found out I knew Katch. Or suddenly returned Camille's copy of Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah.

Pirated Animatrix

Mine's an original copy. Except the bonus feature doesn't have English subtitles when they're interviewing the Japanese involved. I hear the pirated version has english subtitles though. So you can just imagine my annoyance.

On a side note, the pirated copy has in bold letters "June 1, Quiapo Version". So much for inconspicuousness.

Of course I think that is a dilemma of those pirating stuff. I mean you have to inform your consumers where they can contact you but at the same time elude authorities. At least those whom you can't bribe or are your employers.

In Stalker News...

Well, it's just interesting that someone actually searched "Elbert Or" + girlfriend in Google and landed on my site.

The person in question is using Windows 98 and Internet Explorer 6. Hmmmm...

Oh, and if you want anonymity in blogs, I suggest you subscribe to the likes of livejournal, easyjournal, blurty, etc. They don't appear as much on search engines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home