Saturday, April 12, 2003

Your Chinese Friend Called

While I was eating dinner, my mom suddenly intruded and told me that statement. "Your Chinese friend called."

I don't know what made her say that statement.

"Ma, I studied in Xavier, a Chinese school." I also wanted to add that a lot of mom's friends were Chinese, a lot of Ateneans were Chinese, and even my brother and sister's friends were Chinese.

"I think his name was Edelbert."

Apparently, it was Elbert. Then again, other people don't get my name right as well. It's usually Char-les or some other variation of it, never Charles.

Coraline Coraline Coraline!

I passed by Fully Booked to kill time since I had a meeting at 3 pm (and I knew my employers were going to be late) and it was just 2:45. Strolled around the bookstore and found several piles of Coraline, each going for P600+. Nearly as cheap as Powerbooks, but I have discount at the latter.

Also interesting is that they have the paperback copy of George R. R. Martin's A Storm of Swords. Actually, the line of Song of Fire and Ice books have their own stand, albeit the first book, A Game of Thrones, is nowhere to be seen.

I am Destined to Wait

Here in the Philippines, when you come on time, developing the virtue of patience is a must. Because even if you do come on time, it's naive to expect it from other people. It's only a matter of how long before the people you're expecting arrive.

Apparently, Studio 23 has an event at Rockwell so there I was at the office, waiting at the sofa as various people entered and left, some hauling heavy equipment, others dressed in formal outfits (and some skimpy ones too).

Twenty minutes pass and I eventually get to talk to my employer. And well, the probably with dealing with executives is that there's always someone above them and the vision of the one above them differs from the executives themselves. So naturally, there's a lot of changes they want for the Flash program I've been working on.

Building from Scratch... Again

So I'll start working on the third draft of the program which I can hopefully finish before Holy Week. And well, it doesn't help that Jaime, "head programmer" and coworker is in the US. Our graphic artist, Elbert, is currently having technical difficulties ever since his best friend spilled coke on his computer. And my employers have new things they want incorporated even if they don't have the material yet.

But none of this is really surprising. Actually, I want to start from scratch, since the best thing about on-the-job training is that you learn. And while my second draft was better than the first, it's just as inefficient in the long run, which I hope to correct when I start working on the third draft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home