Thursday, April 10, 2003

More Work

It's been what, one entire week of me working on the Flash project? I've been spending at least 12 hours each day on the computer, tinkering with the program to suit the needs of some corporate executives, to be distributed not only around the Philippines but worldwide as well.

Submitted the second draft today and I'm waiting for them to record their voice overs and a few more pics before I start working on the last changes. Over Holy Week. Of course once Holy Week's over, summer school starts...

Miscommunication

Well, Elbert did tell me to meet him shortly before 2 pm at Starbucks to meet our employers. Of course when we usually meet, it's at Starbucks 6750. Elbert also complains that he doesn't know how to get to Rockwell, the place where we're meeting our employers.

So I'm at Glorietta and I tell Elbert that if he's in 6750, he should just send me a text message. The time was 1:30 pm. He immediately replies that the meeting place was Starbucks Rockwell.

Apparently, it takes me 5 minutes to sprint (which involves running, stopping, catching my breath, choking from the pollution, and running again) from Glorietta to Buendia. And 10 minutes to walk from Buendia to Rockwell. Obviously, I'm out of shape. And the pollution coming from EDSA doesn't help either.

The Present

Right now, I'm pooped and taking the time to write this blog entry. Nothing releives stress more than writing about it. Haven't been reading much of late, because the only thing I'm facing most of the time is the computer.

Only TV shows I watch is CSI, Fight School (yey, last ep tonight!), Futurama, the occassional Simpsons episode, and well, anime.

Final Fantasy Unlimited is better than its predecessor, a four-part OAV that had little in common with the video game. The story is actually building up to something better. Not exactly "the best anime out there", nor is it for everyone, but it's a guilty pleasure I enjoy.

The other anime I really like is the boxing anime on GMA 7, Ippo. Perhaps it doesn't have a wide a fan-base as say, Slam Dunk, but it's anime with good pacing, good storyline, and a very determined character (typical of the genre). It's also more serious in tone but there's the occasional light humor thrown in. The music suits the setting and so far, I haven't seen any impossible extraordinary effects. If it comes out on DVD or on video, I'd probably pay to get it, especially since I didn't get to see the start (I what, started watching somewhere along the lines of episode 30+?).

The Future

Will try to take it easy for the next few days, but that doesn't seem possible. For one thing, tomorrow we get our report cards and registration forms. Then there's the peddling of Grafic, plus I have to remind Elbert to meet with the Comicol members.

Again, this won't be the last time I'll be seeing my Flash MX. The good thing is that I'm really learning a lot from this work experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home