Wednesday, April 02, 2003

Book Trends

It seems as of late the genre between adult SF&F and children's SF&S is getting blurred. I don't know why (perhaps it's the success of Harry Potter) but companies are starting to release "children's editions" of popular books.

What are children edition of books? Basically, it divides the novel into two or three books and has new art, both for the interior and the cover. For example, Wheel of Time's "Eye of the World" got split into two books. Terry Brook's "Sword of Shanarra" got split into three books, and lately, Weis and Hickman's "Dragons of Autumn Twilight" got split into two books as well, the first one entitled "A Rumor of Dragons" and the second "Night of the Dragons".

Free Comic Day

Since I am a patron of CCHQ, I'd just like to remind people Free Comic Book Day is on May 3. Yes, they actually give free comics. But so that no one takes advantage of this, customers who've bought items from CCHQ of a certain amount get stamps on a card. For each stamp, you get a free comic. And there are a lot of comics. Aside from famous publishers (e.g. Marvel, DC, Image, Darkhorse, Dreamwave), there are also a couple of good ones from not so famous publishers like Avatar Press, Broken Tree Publications, Dorkstorm Press (no, I am not making these names up).

No Time for Books

Strangely enough, haven't read a book in the past week. Ironically, it's when I have school that I actually have free time to read the books I want. Lately, I've been busy with this Flash project I'm doing.

Teachers are Everywhere

After leaving E-Klik for school yesterday, had to wait in school for Elbert and Jaime. Of course Elbert fell asleep, so I ended up waiting for half an hour. In the meantime, I was strolling around school and ran into some familiar faces (like the guy whom Cyril and I used to play Warcraft 3 with). One of them is a classmate from Phil. Lit. who has a cute face but whose name I forgot. She recently graduated from CE (Computer Engineering?) and she's planning to teach (in Ateneo). So that's three people graduating who'll be teachers: Sacha, Cyril, and her. Hmmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home