Monday, February 24, 2003

I just hate it when I'm a stalker and I'm not even trying.

I mean last Friday, Cathy comes up to me and tells me that my crush had a haircut for an upcoming cosplay. Since there's no anime cosplay event in sight for the next few months, it's probably the anime prom she's going to, which was held last Saturday.

Yesterday, I greet Ria and ask her how the anime prom was (honestly, in the hopes of garnering more info) and she immediately tells me that my crush was there, who she cosplayed as, etc.

This is what I am talking about "not trying". And this isn't the first time it's happened. People just immediately tell me stuff. Not much prompting, not even me asking for the info directly. *sigh*

And I know what Elbert feels when he wrote in his blog about "distractions", particularly in the form of girls. I mean that explains why when we were watching Godfather, he kept looking at her. I'm glad I had more self-control (enough not to keep me distracted), but I think that's mainly due to the fact that I have a crush, and even if the chances I'd end up with her is nil, I haven't indulged in gaining the interest of other people. And again, this willpower of mine was tested yesterday, since my beautiful seatmate in Philo was wearing shorts, and she does have the prettiest legs. The teacher is at the right side of my vision, and so is my seatmate, so most of the time, I had to look up instead of my habit of facing the floor. Doing so is discomfortable since I'm accustomed to looking at the ground but well, it's nice to know I still have discipline and self control, even in my bleakest moments.

Ended up loaning Tracy the wrong book, since I gave her the 4th and 5th book of the Anita Blake series instead of the 3rd and 4th book. Will carry the entire series tomorrow to loan her. And managed to replace one of Steph's Valdemar books and sold to her (since she doesn't want me to give it to her... hopefully she'll forget and not pay me, like she and her friend Rin are prone to =P) Acorna's Search. Meanwhile, I'm saving up to get Maan some Mercedes Lackey books for her birthday, and probably some Anita Blake books for Tracy, and...

Yes, I'm dying of boredom here at the house, but at least I managed to finish reading Robin Hobb's Fool's Errand. And my random quote is already in the 70+ number. Some 290+ more quotes to collect to complete my goal of one random quote every day of the year. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home