Wednesday, February 19, 2003

Before I start with my narration of the day's events, I can't help but ask myself, why do I write, especially in a blog?

Perhaps it's the writer in me, although I can hardly call myself that. I mean after all, what have I written? Aside from all the term papers and essays school requires of me, what have I written for the sake of writing? Certainly not a novel for I have often abandoned such attempts by the time I got around to the second chapter or so. Poetry? At times, but I don't feel the calling, especially in light of the fact that I don't have an ear for it. What's left? A few terribly written short stories (which is why editing is vital), a number of essays, and this, my blog.

I honestly think a "writer" should write everyday, even if it's a sentence or two. Maybe this is one of my ways of fulfilling that commitment. Or maybe I'm just arrogant and want to spread the word of my feeble existence. Whatever.

I was surprised to see Affie today at Ateneo, considering he studies in UA&P. Apparently, he attended a computer competition held in UP.

Affie: They only informed me yesterday.

Me: Really?

Affie: Yeah. It went "Affie, you're going to the competition tomorrow. *insert guy's name* signed you up."

Affie also took a ride on the jeep in the hopes that it would lead him to Katipunan but all it did was encircle UP. And now I know why Rin put in her blog "all your bases are now belong to us". I can't help but wonder in Rin's previous posts, whether Affie is actually Affie or Affie whom she thought was her now significant other.

Ugh. Tomorrow is election day at Ateneo. For the past few weeks, people but have been telling me to vote for them, wear their damned tags, and spread the word. It's the time of the year when people who ordinarily ignore you start pestering you. It's times like these that people are so transparent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home