Tuesday, January 21, 2003

The readings for Philo which took me the better part of an hour to look for is apparently now available with Alma, the lady who mans the photocopier at Colayco. >.<

Spent most of the day haunting the library steps. Saw a lot of familiar faces pass by. I guess what's annoying is the people who smoke. Beside the sign that says "no smoking".

Oh yeah, yesterday was also the day they were selling the Stephen Speaks concert tickets. Not that I saw the booth but I only saw the ad later in the afternoon. By then, it was too late.

The Theo 131 class we had today involved a group reporting on prostitution. At the end of the session, they gave us a small package and told us not to open it until everyone had one. The package was small and no larger than my hand. I pressed on it to feel what it was. It was a bit bouncy and had a liquid. And then the guy behind me says:I know what this is, it's a condom!. Then the guy beside him replies alam na alam ah (you seem to know about them very well). And of course, I concurred that it was indeed a condom, unless the group decided to give us gel or those sanitizers. Then the speaker goes on to say I don't think any of you is naive to not know what that is. The package gets opened and it indeed is a condom. Some people give it to their seatmates followed by shouts of "hindi ko iyan gagamitin! (I won't use it!) and the like.

I was supposed to meet Athene at 5:30 but it got moved to 8:00 pm. And as usual, there's the fight of gift-giving (must I endure this all the time?). I guess six years of giving gifts to people who are hesitant to receive it has taught me what people's limits are, when you can "leave it with them" and when you can't. This is one of those times when Athene is still taking to me. And Joan, if you're reading this, no, you don't have to pay me for the CD. Christmas gift nga eh. ^^

And it shocked me to turn on the TV to find out that they aren't showing reruns of Smallville episodes but actually new episodes. Lastly, just posted a Dune prequels review on my lj.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home