Sunday, January 19, 2003

Managed to pass by Virramall today since Elbert wanted me to buy him some CDs. The tiangges had a new look as they were selling one of two things: fake shoes and Beyblades. Yes, Beyblades. It really seems ridiculous when you're strolling down a corridor to see vendors selling nothing but shoes and Beyblades. Oh yeah, there's also this light switch which had Utena's picture on it...

On a good note, there were less pesky people selling pirated DVDs. I think there were only two people who approached me, and none of them kept on following me wherever I went. Also on the pirating scene, it's not movies anymore that litter the corridors of virramall but fake PS2 games.

Passed by National Bookstore and finally saw a copy of Ursula le Guin's A Wizard of Earthsea. Guess what. They're also on sale. =) Unfortunately, their foreign language section has withered and died. Bunched up with the Chinese and Japanese dictionaries are Latin, German, French, etc. They used to have one section devoted to each language. Now it's just one small pile.

Mom and dad are fighting, as usual. Dad's been ranting about mom doing this and mom doing that. Didn't expect him to be talkative. The only time he's like this is when he's drunk some alcohol. I ask mother what's the fight about. She replies some thirty minutes later and uses the excuse that she's complaining that dad's been drinking (which explains why he's ranting). I've give up hope for my family a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home