Wednesday, January 15, 2003

Because my stalker-sense was tingling, I had a compulsion to go to Glorietta today.

Of course my transportation was far from convenient. The jeepney I was riding was caught in traffic (probably due to the rain). Then, aboard the MRT, we were asked to leave our seats midway because there was something wrong with the vehicle (at least there wasn't a bomb).

It all paid off when I got to A Different Bookstore. As if being on sale wasn't good enough...

Storeclerk: Sir, did you reserve a copy of the 10th book of the Wheel of Time?

I look behind me and saw the table where the new arrivals were placed. There were three dozen hardbound copies of Crossroads of Twilight, and that's not an exagerration. And if there's any doubt of my stalker-sense:

Storeclerk: It just arrived at 1 pm today.

Me: So when's your next restock?

Storeclerk: It'll be on February. We only restocked to obtain Wheel of Time.

Since I was in the area, I dropped by Powerbooks which was also on sale. Got myself Dune: House Corrino. Of course on my way out, saw an entire stall at Tower Records devoted to selling Playboy VCDs.

It's been quite awhile since I last visited Goodwill Bookstore and since I've been to A Different Bookstore and Powerbooks, might as well, I thought. Yes, they're on sale too. Got A Questlover's Treasury of the Fantastic which is an anthlogy featuring writers like C.J. Cherryh, Neil Gaiman, Orson Scott Card, Mercedes Lackey, and Michael Moorcock.

Lastly, on my way home, saw the billboard at Megamall listing the films they're showing. Did I see The Two Towers? Nope, just Lord of the Rings part 2.

After all that shopping, I'm broke. So broke in fact that I don't I have enough money to purchase the CD-Rs Elbert wants me to buy him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home