Wednesday, January 08, 2003

First off, CCHQ has some new manga titles like Cafe Oji #18, Hikaru no Go #20, Naruto #15, Trigun, Aquarian Age, and Aquarian Orion. There's also the bilingual manga of Ghost in the Shell, which is translated by Frederik Schodt (author of Dreamland Japan and Manga! Manga!). It also costs P1850 or so but it's a worthwhile investment in my opinion since it's only one volume.

Also made downpayments on Death: The High Cost of Living since I feel if I don't get it now (when I have money although I have a lot of debts also), I'll never avail of a copy. Athene right now is trying to dissuade me from buying her a copy of Hikaru no Go. I guess I should know by now that if I'm getting someone a present, I shouldn't tell them what it is so that when I give it to them, they can't refuse (mental note: do not tell Rin what I'm planning to get her for her birthday). Of course that won't work on my crush since she'll flat out reject it. And uh, that has happened before. ^^

Now that I'm through with that, it's back to a day in my life...

Started out by coming to school early so that I can sign up for Philo orals. It was supposed to commence at 11 am so I got to school at 9 am. And then when I get there, there are already people lining up. No problem, I say to myself. Of course two hours later, a lot of people cut in line. And they smoke (which isn't as bad as cutting in line but it's harmful to my health). And this is why the Philippines doesn't prosper. We can all complain about corruption and nepotism but when it comes right down to it, it's the culture we're raised in. It was hard turning down people I know from cutting in line since it's a principle of mine not to let others cut-in, because it'll hurt those behind me. And when I do that, I sometimes come out as the bad guy.

Oh yeah, in relation to that, I was sitting at the library steps last Monday and there's a sign there now that says "no smoking, no eating, no drinking" yet people continued to do those things.

Was supposed to head to CCHQ after signing up for orals but ran into Elbert. Accompanied him because he insisted and later, I ran into Jobert (who's only here until next week) so I couldn't leave him and head for CCHQ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home