Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Just finished watching Zoids: Chaotic Century on Cartoon Network (caught it on tape). It's the last episode of the US run. I wonder if tomorrow they'll show the succeeding episodes (that's four episodes to go), start showing reruns, show the next season, market Beyblade with a every-weekday timeslot, or maybe show the last four episodes as a two-hour special (like what Telesuccess did with Voltes V here in the Philippines). If they opt for the last choice, I feel that would really be strange since well, the Philippine anime community can actually boast that they're ahead when it comes to anime (and that technique of compiling the last four eps into a special...). Look at what the US is raving about now: Yu Yu Hakusho, Ultraman Tiga, Rurouni Kenshin... it's a phase we've gone through before. The same could be said for other popular shows in previous years that seemed to click there, like Gundam Wing (of course it also so happens that Hong Kong, Taiwan, and probably Malaysia is way ahead of the Philippines...).Anyway, came to school early since Jobert hosted his three-session campaign with my character carried over from another campaign of his. Unfortunately, my cleric changed deities so throughout the session, I was deprived of my spells. Gained enough ad-hoc experience to bring my character up to 16th-level. Also, got home late (but me foreseeing this possibility, I set the VCR on timer-recording) because of the group hanging out at Burger King until 6 pm and getting lost on the way home.

Carlos also can't do math. Had to pay him P200 more for Steph's books since he hasn't computed taxes. Which is what I hate about the US system. When a price tag says $6.00, for example, the item doesn't just cost $6.00. Price tags here are inclusive of tax. The US isn't. And of course, different states have different tax rates so...

Lastly, my storage of Christmas funds (which is already depleted to begin with because I had to ask for an advance to buy my friends presents... ummm Tchan, Hakkai plushie here... Joan, Grand Theft Auto OST 1 here... email me so that I know when I can meet up with you) is going to amount to zero soon since it's one of those impromptu birthdays with my friends and I'm still preoccupied paying debts (which is a lot). And I even planned to get a couple of those Daredevil 10 cent and Superman 25 cents comics which is hopefully arriving on Friday at CCHQ (plug!). ^^

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home