Tuesday, October 08, 2002

Thunder. It was roaring with a a crescendo an hour ago.

Had to wake up extra early since I had to borrow a history book from Dindy at 9 am. Once I got it, I crammed as much chapters as I could since I was expecting a long exam from Ambeth Ocampo. Of course I happened to drop by CCHQ and sometime around 11 am, people were coming in and I got distracted by Elbert and co.

By lunch, I went back to school and took a peek at the new cafeteria. It's large and as I said before, a lot of concessionaires like Wendy's and Domino's. The latter doesn't have their apple crumble though, just plain pizza (with Pizza Hut available at the regular cafeteria). The caf up people were there, Carlos playing Warlord against Elvin, Marcel fixing his Raw Deal deck, and Rob entertaining his girlfriend. Me and Cyril played a game of Warlord using Elvin's not-so-finely-tuned rogue/elf deck. Naturally, I lost.

The good news is that we didn't have an exam during history. Ambeth told us why Aguinaldo and Bonifacio aren't considered heroes in the mindset of Filipinos: the former for executing two Katipuneros in an obvious conspiracy and the latter because he was killed by his own countrymen rather than against the enemy. Speaking of the enemy, it's strange how Filipinos consider the Spaniards and the Japanese as enemies but always thought of the Americans as allies. The Americans massacred a lot of Filipinos and performed the torture called the watercure.

The watercure is simple. A stick would be place on the person's mouth so that his/her mouth would always be open. Americans would then pour in several gallons of water. The point is not to drown the person but so that they can drink all those gallons of water. Medics are around to ensure that the person stays alive. When the tummy is inflated with water, one of the Americans would jump on the stomach so that water would be excreted through all the orifices: the nose, the ears, the mouth... every part of the body.

Basically, that sums up the discussion we had, aside from the fact that Ambeth was giving bonus points to those who can attend his talk on Saturday. Ugh. Saturday. Writing workshop/seminar. I guess that's a bonus point I'll never obtain. Anyway, the entire discussion took around 45 minutes. I hitched with Aaron and I got home earlier than expected.

I forgot to tell the story of how another girl fell in love with Dominic last Monday. Nefer was clinging to him the entire day. Even when Dominic left, I joked that Nefer had a crush on him. Well, she never denied it. Considering a couple of Dominic's previous acquaintance are angry at him for one reason or another, I wonder if I should warn Nefer. Then again, she might not believe me. And sometimes, the best teacher is experience.

Right now, I'm juggling A Storm of Swords, White Gold Wielder, and the Philo readings I'm supposed to be studying in preparation for the oral exams on Thursday since Jaime signed me up on the FIRST day at the EARLIEST time. Oh well. Will find out my class standing tomorrow. And I haven't even photocopied my classmate's notes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home