Friday, October 04, 2002

Before I start, I only noticed yesterday that CCHQ has Zetsu Ai manga... all five volumes. Except the *cute* Miriam girl (whose name I forgot) that I treated out to Bananacue bought #1. That aside...

My first problem was that I had a class from 10:30~11:30 am but had Philo oral signups at 11:00 am. So I had Jamie, one of my classmates and Elbert's pseudo-girlfriend (it's one of those they broke up but are still together thing), sign me up. Of course it also happens she forgot to inform me that today's Philo class was a free cut. I heard about it from *ugh* Rob while I was at the lib steps attending our LitSoc meeting. Of course Philo being my only other class on Fridays, I was actually free to go home at 12 pm. Except that my carpool was at 4:30...

As usual, I was at CCHQ. Wasn't in the mood to read though. Me and Kit agreed to go out and try Pizza Hut's Cheesy Pizza with six kinds of cheese next Wednesday. Also, there were two packs of Chobits pins left. Since the box exactly has 30 pins total (each pack containing two pins) and there are 6 special pins but only 4 have been obtained yet, we deduced that the last two packs each containing a special pin. To test this theory, we had Carlo buy one pack and wouldn't you know it, it had a special pin, glimmering blue.

Saw a girl buy Fruits Basket manga #1~5. That's a lot of money. There's also this girl who bought the Sandman calendar and post cards. A lot of money as well. Their U.S. shipment was set to arrive at 3 pm today. The UPS people came at 2:45. Wow. I'm thinking whether to buy the paperback of The Ultimates.

Khristine told me that Page One had copies of Neil Gaiman's Coraline. So when I got home, I grabbed two one thousand peso bills, ate a quick dinner, and had the driver bring me to Rockwell. Page One has an interesting selection of books. The entire bottom shelf was dedicated to Forgotten Realms books and the shelves are really long. The second to the bottom shelf was filled with Dragonlance books. >.< Anyway, also saw a bunch of Discworld books but they were quite expensive. Also saw a couple of Anita Blake books but they were also expensive, and I already had copies of my own. Saw American Gods, Sandman: Book of Dreams, Smoke and Mirrors, but no Coraline.

Next stop was A Different Bookstore in Glorietta. Suddenly, my two thousand pesos disappeared in the blink of an eye. Got George R. R. Martin's A Crown of Swords trade paperback, T. H. White's Once and Future King, and Defenders of the Faith for my D&D campaigns. It cost me P1951. That's including the 10% discount I already had. Oh yeah, I also got Flip #2 for free. Curious to read it as my teachers (Krip Yuson) and former teachers (Cyan Abad and Danton Remoto) have written articles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home