Tuesday, October 29, 2002

During my orientation seminar in my freshman year, the volunteers said that there were four types of Ateneans: those who had high grades (A's and B's), those who had barely passing grades (C's and D's), those who had average grades, and those who were on opposite extremes (A's and F's). Well, as of today, I've been all those. -.-

I just fulfilled the last requirement when I got my grades today. Yes, I failed Theology (I hate it when I'm right). Then again, I also got an A in Kris Yuson's class and got a B+ in Philosophy, the highest in my class (I'm the only one who got a B+ but there were a couple who got B's). At least now you know how erratic my grades can be. And to finish my anecdotes of grades, all of Cyril's teachers gave him a C+ (no trouble computing for QPI there) and I think my QPI is higher than Cyril by .1 despite the fact that I have one F.

Dropped by Powerbooks (that's the last time I'm bringing my school ID with me since it has a barcode and the scanners go "bleep" whenever I enter or leave) and Coraline copies were nowhere to be seen, at least in the Glorietta branch. What's an intriguing buy though is the Sandman: Dream Hunters softcover which is going for P800+ (minus 10% if you have a discount card). And A Different Bookstore is on a sale until November 3.

Thank God the MRT's cards don't have Erap's face on them anymore despite the fact that it's been a few years since he stopped being president.

And one manga anthogy I'm looking forward to is Raijin. It's going for $7.00 ($6.95 actually) and it's a directory-thick anthology. The best part is that it's a weekly so you aren't left having (too long) unlike the other US manga anthologies like Animerica Extra. And Fist of the Blue Sky (prequel to Fist of the North Star) is cool! (Not to mention they're serializing Slam Dunk as well.)

I also have this new concept I call Santa's Sack. I have a makeshift sack (actually just one big Powerbooks plastic bag) with assorted items in it: books, comics, postcards, stockings (actually leftover from last year's Christmas gifts). If I want to give a Christmas present to someone I run into, I'll just let them pick from the sack. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home