Saturday, October 26, 2002

Just finished watching Finding Forrester on HBO. I remember watching that movie I think last year with Chev at G4. Chev's actually one of the few people in the PO chatroom that's actually concerned for me. *sigh*

Anyway, the movie is about this kid writer from the bronx named Jamal Wallance and he unwittingly discovers a mentor in writing, William Forester (played by Sean Connery), who wants to remain in the dark.

Did I mention Chev totally loves Sean Connery?

Moving on, in the movie, Forester gives advice to Jamal when he was interested in this girl by saying "unexpected gift, unexpected time". So Jamal gives a book to the girl without an occassion.

Okay, that might work in the movie but that doesn't work here in the Philippines. Every time I do that, people either get mad at me or become suspicious and don't accept it either way. And that's with people I'm not courting or not interested in romantically. You can just imagine how my crush would react...

And Jobert is probably furious at me right now for my post in the PBEM...

Mousse: Norah Jones <-- very cool.

Me: Who?

Mousse: Norah Jones, Jazz-blues artist

Me: I don't listen to the radio...

Mousse: Not on the radio yet. Not exactly mainstream too hehe

Me: I don't even know any Jazz artists

Mousse: Dude, do you listen to music?

Me: No...

Which brings me to the paradoxes in my life. Considering I had a stint (short, but a stint nonetheless) at MTV Ink and Pulp Magazine, the fact that I'm totally clueless when it comes to music is another of life's mysteries. Along with the fact that I'm shy but know a lot of people, and I don't read the newspaper but managed to snag the news editor position in high school. (Let's not forget that I'm Chinese yet I can't speak a word of the language, and that I end up knowing things when I'm not even trying [hence one of the "stalker" effects].)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home