Saturday, October 26, 2002

When I receive an email from the Hey Comics mailing list saying that only twenty copies of Coraline arrived for Powerbooks Megamall yesterday, I debated on whether to go to Megamall before my Sunday school at 11 am or after. I decided on the former and it was a good thing too.

I only found four copies of Coraline in Megamall. Two were on the display and another two on the shelves, one of which was open and free to be read by people (which means not exactly something you want to buy). Of course finding the shelf in itself was quite difficult, since Neil Gaiman's books were in the fiction section instead of the SF&F section. I even checked the children's section since that's where Coraline should be placed, considering it's a children's book. But no, they were in the fiction shelf, along with other famous writers (well, stranger things have happened, like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time books being placed in the children's section).

Coraline cost me P655.00 minus the 10% discount I have. I doubt if there'll be any copies left by tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home