Friday, September 13, 2002

I didn't get to treat out Erin and Chanty today because of last minute changes (fortunately, I was informed since Thursday). So I made use of the opportunity to go out with Becca (whose life is so spontaneous that I can't ask her ahead of time if she's free). Then again, as long as you're single and not part of a "group", it's easy to be spontaneous (and since I've been alone most of my life, I know the feeling well).

6:30 pm: Charles, meet me at Tower Records at 8 pm - Becca

8:00 pm: Browsing through Power Books/Tower Records

8:15 pm: Becca is at Landmark

8:45 pm: Still no Becca

9:00 pm: Sees Becca

Of course I originally planned to be by the MRT by 10 pm so that it would be easier for me to get home but since Becca and I chatted for nearly two hours, well, that wasn't an option. At least it seemed to me.

Talked about life, philosophy, and how I don't get out much because people don't invite me out. As proof of this, for our farewells, Becca approached me and turned her cheek on me, waiting for me to make beso-beso (kissing each other on the cheek goodbye). Initially, I was shocked since I no girl I knew did that to me. I mean I see it between saucy people or close friends but never to me. Second, it took me a few seconds to realize what to do. Becca was shocked and turned her other cheek. I still hesitated. And then she exclaimed. I finally kissed her cheek.

Sorry Becca but I'm not really used to those situations. *ahem* As I said before, I don't get out a lot and people aren't close with me. I'm more of the acquaintance-friend to most people. You know, the type you like to say hi and nice to run into but you don't invite to parties or call them up.

And then I had to figure out a way to get home. Without having to resort to using a taxi. Did manage to take a bus and I luckily chose the right one (i.e. one that stops at Annapolis). I'm familiar with commuting. Just not the names and places that the bus stops. >.< Oh yeah, also discovered one handicap I will undergo in future bus rides. I can't count in Spanish, which is the usual currency Filipinos use. The only numerical value I now is bente, which stands for twenty. Anything else and I'm dead meat. Fortunately, I had a fifty peso bill so the conductor gave me P36.00 change for the trip from Makati to Annapolis. Oh yeah, I didn't notice it but my bus was airconditioned. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home